Saturday, September 23, 2023

Rattlesnake!


Camera: XT5 Fujifilm with 16-80mm lens.  

Picture details:  Automode, f/5.6, 1/140 sec, ISO 160, focal length 34 mm.  

Edit:  Cropped and added Savannah Silverback Preset with Luminar Neo.

I killed this baby 10" Rattlesnake unknowingly while I was weed trimming some tall grass near a sidewalk.  I turned around and laid out on the sidewalk was the snake with part of its guts hanging out about halfway down its body.  I used a stick to pick it up and coiled it up on a rock for pictures.  Fortunately, I had my camera in my pickup truck.  I zoomed in for a close up and when I edited the picture I noticed that part of my body was reflected in his eye!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

How a ND filter and CPL Polarizer can Help on Bright Days.

  Today I spent a couple hours in the afternoon at McKinney Falls State Park.  It's only a 15-minute drive from my house and a $6 day pa...