Thursday, August 29, 2024

Union Pacific 5514 Locomotive in Smithville, Texas

NEO "Matte noir" filter

Snapped this locomotive sitting on the tracks in Smithville, Texas.

Equipment: Fujifilm X-T5 camera. Fuji16-80 lens.


Added "forest stream" NEO filter

Original.  Added "Dirty Look" preset filter in NEO.

Original. Added some contrast to the skies.

This is a composite pic.  Using Luminar NEO I added some dark clouds and changed the lighting to match.  

Original unedited.


Composite. Added NEO wispy clouds.


Last Train to Denver.

Another composite.  This last picture was purely for fun.  Found a Rocky Mountains picture (stock) to replace the original sky. NEO has a great option for this sort of thing.   

If I had to do it over...
--Would get more perpendicular to the engine for a better full-side angle. 
--Use my wide angle 10-24 lens (didn't have it at the time).
--Use a tripod, use a ND filter, and open up the aperture.
--Makes me wish I had a fisheye lens...Up close with that engine may have produced some great close-up in-your-face engine pics. 
-The upside is I believe engines stop there periodically, so I may get a second chance.  One more reason to always have my camera with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BIG BOY4014 Steam Engine Locomotive and using Neo Editing and Presets

UNION PACIFIC BIG BOY 4014.  Largest Steam Locomotive in the World.  Parked at College Station 10/8/24  I used the Affinity Photo clone tool...